So anyways...a little bit later, he comes back down and says that he thinks he needs my assistance. He finally had to tell me that he was trying to make pretzels. So I went upstairs and his "dough" was the consistency of pancake batter. You certainly can't knead that. Come to find out, he added 1 3/4 cups of water instead of just 3/4 cups of water. Oops! So then he made another batch...luckily he had bought that 2nd package of yeast. Then he needed my help again because he didn't know how to shape the pretzels. He was trying to do it all fancy and spin the dough in the air, but it definitely wasn't working. So I just shaped them lying on the cookie sheet.
They turned out really well (but they kinda looked like piles of dog poo) and tasted pretty good, but we didn't have any course salt which would have made them better. Next time, I think we're going to make four giant pretzels instead of the smaller ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment