Sunday, October 26, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover is in Pekin!!

Who would have thought that Extreme Home Makeover would be filming in Pekin?? Not me...but they are! It has been really neat to see the progress of this house being built in a week. It truly is amazing that so many people are volunteering their time and money to such a great and worthy cause. If you want to read about the family visit the Peoria Journal Star.

I've tried to go to the house every day, but I have missed a few, so I'll take you through the progression...

Here's the original house still standing on Tuesday morning (photo courtesy of PJStar).

Here's the house on Wednesday evening...as you can see it's gone. They were using three backhoes and filling a huge dumpster about every 15-20 minutes. Notice who's equipment they're using...but also notice what they did to hide the name...butt munchers!

Here's the new house on Friday evening...what a transformation!

And, here's the house as of Sunday morning.

As we were driving by the location on Saturday morning, we were lucky enough to get to see one of the carpenters of the show, Ed Sanders. He's the bald one on the right. We're still not sure if the guy on the left is important or not.

Then on Sunday morning, Michael Moloney was signing autographs. We didn't get one because we didn't have anything for him to sign, but I did get quite a few pictures.

I'll have more pictures as the days pass. They'll be completely finished with the house on Tuesday. Unbelieveable...a 4,000 square foot, 7 bedroom, 4 bathroom house in 1 week...

No comments: