Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dinner cooked with love

Lucas, Laurin, Jason, and I rang in the new year last night with an evening filled with fun...and lots of drinking by the men. I forgot my camera though, so no pictures.

But...Laurin and I decided that it was finally time to have that long awaited dinner owed to us from the Euchre bet. The guys met up at our house around 4:30 to start preparing. First, they baked a funfetti cake, and of course while it was baking, they had to play a little PlayStation. I guess that's ok... So once that was finished, they went shopping for the goods. We had a three course meal: a salad, baked mostaccioli, and cake. We had a nice candle-lit dinner, and the guys were the chefs, servers, and busboys. Part of the bet was they had to dress up as well, so that was kinda fun too.

A great evening topped off with a couple games of Euchre. The guys are calling for a rematch, but...the girls won both games played tonight. I don't think they can overcome us. We're just toooo good for them. :)





No comments: