Monday, April 6, 2009
Jason has taught me well
Laurin and I went to Peoria today to pick up a few things, and luckily we both had coupons that we obviously had to put to good use. So we went in to Lowe's because I wanted one more ceiling fan to replace the gold one in the kitchen. Laurin had a $10 off of $50 coupon, and she said I could have it. Unfortunately the fan was only $49.97. I knew that the silly people at the registers wouldn't give it to us because we've tried it before. Laurin suggested that we look for a pack of gum or something like that. Well, I didn't want to have to spend 2 or 3 bucks in order to get $10 off because that just seemes like a waste. I was like surely they sell individual nuts, bolts, or screws around here...and what do you know...they do! We found something for 33 cents, but I knew we could do better. I then spotted some nuts for like 6 cents, but that was the contractor price, so we kept looking. Ends up that lock washers are only 16 cents a piece (in case you need to know)...so I bought a single lock washer and spent over $50 (barely) and was able to use the coupon. Hooray! Jason was so proud. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We are both rolling on the floor with laughter...Good job!
Wow....
I'm very impressed.
Post a Comment