Here's a before...

We removed the old banister and also painted the wooden board (called a stringer) on the outside of the stairs. Look back at the previous picture to see what I'm talking about. I've still got to put a couple more coats of paint on the stringer, but you get the idea. I think it looks a lot better now that it blends in with the wall. What do you guys think?
Here are the new end posts. I'm not sure what they're called. Pretty simple and contemporary. I wanted to stay away from anything "country" looking. :)
We haven't attached anything yet because knowing us, we'll end up doing something wrong. That's where Tim comes in. He's coming up to help us put it all together in a week.Well, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more house updates. I'll be glad when this is all over!
No comments:
Post a Comment