Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a busy day!!

Jason took today off, and it was fun and filled. We started out around 7:00 this morning by going to my school. He helped me hang up posters, and I sure did appreciate it. We got done in about 2 1/2 hours compared to probably 3-4 hours if I would have done it by myself.

We left the school around 10:00 and stopped at the landscaping place on the way home to look at plants for the front. We made some notes and took it home to discuss (can't rush into anything with Jason). We decided on what we wanted to do, and then ate lunch around noon.

At 12:30 we went to the golf club house...to rent a golf cart!! I told Jason that I would go with him if we got a cart. He obliged (thankfully!). It was a little slow going at first. There were a ton of people out there, and we got stuck behind a group of three and a guy by himself. After the first two holes, the guy in front of us said that Jason could hit with him if he wanted to. We had a great time as you can see from the photos below.



We got done on the golf course around 4:45, rushed home, and left again. We had talked about the plants while Jason was golfing and decided to go ahead with them. So we rushed to the landscaping place since they closed at 5:30. We ended up buying two hydrangeas, two boxwoods, and two rhododendrons (pictures to come!). After we unloaded the plants from the car, we went to Subway for supper, and then headed to Menards to get some dirt. Got home around 7:00 and immediately started planting. We worked until we couldn't see anything anymore. Unfortunately we only got three plants in the ground, so we'll finish up tomorrow and I'll post some pictures then. What a busy day!

1 comment:

Paula and Mike said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, I guess you took my suggestion. Hmmm, looks like someone needs a new golf glove. Would a $10.00 coupon from Dick's help?