So let me set the tone here. It was around 7:30 this evening, and Jason and I were sitting on the couch upstairs. The light was on, but the blinds were still open. We were both working on our classes using our laptops. All of a sudden, I see two guys walk right past our window. Uh-oh. They were dressed in white shirts, black pants, black ties....and backpacks. Who else could they be? None other than Jehovah's Witnesses. When they knocked on the door, what did we do? Nothing. I sat on the couch and watched them in the reflection of the curio cabinet. They waited around a bit, and finally decided to move on. I was afraid they'd see my face, so I hid behind my laptop. What did Jason do? He stared right at one of the guys as he looked into the window. Who knows if he actually saw us, but he could have. And to make matters even worse, the garage door was open. How smart are we? You can't pretend to not be home with the blinds and the garage door open.
After it was all clear and the Jehovah's Witnesses were out of sight, we decided to go on a bike ride. We were on the home stretch, just a few blocks from home, and our neighbor Cody pulled off a side street right behind us. We figured that he'd turn with us, but he kept going straight. Jason was like "Kick it up a gear, he's going to try and beat us!" We didn't think we stood a chance, but I put it in the highest gear possible and pedaled my little heart out. Guess what? Cody got stuck waiting for a bunch of traffic, and we zoomed right past him. Unfortunately he was just a little too quick. He did beat us, but as we passed him getting out of his car Jason yells, "You got lucky this time!"
No comments:
Post a Comment