Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maiden name might be German...

...but I'm not a fan of German food. Jason and I had our first experience with German food tonight, and there's not much to say other than it was gross. Jason had Jaegerschnitzel, thinly sliced beef, battered, and fried, topped with a mushroom gravy. I had Schnitzel Agstein, thin pork cutlets dredged in seasoned flour, dipped in egg batter and grilled. We both had a side of spatzle too, some sort of homemade noodle. It was NOT as the waitress described. We asked her what spatzle was and she said it's kind of like macaroni and cheese. I got a little excited when I heard that, but when she brought it out, I was nothing more than disappointed. It didn't look like macaroni and cheese (mainly because there was no cheese!) and it certainly didn't taste like it either. We told the waitress that we had never had German food before, and at the "end" of the meal she knew that we didn't like it either. I say "end" because it was hard to make it look like we ate anything and Jason was overly concerned about wasting food. I, of course, wasn't and most of my meal went untouched. Luckily we had decent salads and bread! What a nice waitress though...she only charged us for one meal since we didn't care for it, so we gave her a good tip. Needless to say...we won't be making any more trips to that restaurant to order German food.

(Harry Potter tomorrow night...so excited!!)

2 comments:

Paula and Mike said...

Well you both are more adventurous than we would be. How are you always so lucky, if that had been us, we would have had to pay full price.

Ashley said...

It's my smile :D