Sunday, April 24, 2011

33 weeks

I'm a day late with this one, so it's actually 33 weeks and 1 day. We had a great weekend back at home for Easter. Got to see all the family for the last time as a couple. Next time we see everyone we'll be a couple + baby. :) It still seems strange to think that in less than two months we'll have a baby to care for.


This past Tuesday, I had my first non-stress test of what will become a weekly ritual until Layla arrives. The nurse hooked my belly up to a monitor to record Layla's heart rate. When she left, she told me it would take about 10-15 minutes depending on whether the baby was active or not. So during that time frame, a different nurse comes in and says "oh I thought you'd been on the monitor longer...I'll come back." Two or three other nurses came in after that and basically said the same thing. Then finally one nurse walks in and realizes that the monitor wasn't even recording the movement...grrr! So Layla was as active as can be until the record button was pushed, then after that she maybe moved 2 or 3 times. Oh well...we'll have another one tomorrow at my doctor's appointment and hopefully this one doesn't take 30 minutes.

On Thursday, I met with a pediatrician and really liked her a lot. She's super friendly, seems very knowledgeable, and is fairly young, so hopefully she'll be around long enough to take care of Layla until she grows up. I also really liked the offices. They all had a theme and were colored brightly. I think Layla will like it too. :)

My mom, Leigha, and Erica threw me a baby shower on Saturday for all the family and a few close family friends, but I'll leave all the details for another post (probably tomorrow).

No comments: