Monday, April 25, 2011

Family Baby Shower

While we were home for Easter, my mom Paula, sister-in-law Leigha, and cousin Erica threw Layla and I a baby shower. We had a great time and got a lot of stuff (that is now scattered all over the nursery). Thanks to everyone for coming and for all the great gifts!!



My mom made this cake for me, and it was delicious!! I helped her out with the fondant and provided moral support when things weren't going well. Jason was there for moral support as well, but he decided to play with the leftover fondant and molded the little giraffe and monkey. He did a pretty awesome job!

My mom also made this little baby carriage. She saw it online for like $100, but decided she could make the same thing for a lot less. It's created out of diapers (and the box), a blanket, hooded towel, and a bib. I love it and don't really want to take it apart, but I do eventually want the diapers! Maybe after Layla's born I'll disassemble it.
Jason's Granny hand made this quilt for us. All the pictures are nursery rhymes and are individually embroidered.
So prior to opening this card, I had already received two monitors and I got a good chuckle because this was an IOU for a third monitor that had been ordered but didn't make it to the party in time. They must have all been thinking alike when shopping.

No comments: